Steven T. Buquicchio Partner
Steve is a trusted business lawyer, advisor and strategist who provides counsel and advice to individuals and companies on business and operational issues and serves as outside general counsel to a variety of businesses and organizations. Steve's litigation practice is focused primarily on creditor's rights and business litigation including federal and state receiverships, fraud litigation, loan workouts, collections and foreclosures, commercial litigation, consumer protection litigation. He routinely represents banks, credit unions, finance companies, businesses, and receivers in commercial disputes, breach of contract actions, note defaults, UCC disputes, claim and delivery/replevin actions, loan documentation and contract negotiation. Steve also serves as national creditor's rights counsel to small and large companies doing business throughout the United States.
Steven also has extensive experience in asset tracing and recovery, judgment enforcement, and judicial liquidations.
Recognition & Rankings
- An AV® Preeminent™ rated attorney, the highest peer ranking given by Martindale-Hubble
- Board certified in creditor's rights law by the American Board of Certification (Commercial Law League of America and the American Bankruptcy Institute)
- Selected as one of Michigan Lawyers Weekly's "Up & Coming" Leaders in Law. The Leaders in Law designation salutes attorneys who have distinguished themselves in the Michigan bench and bar early in their careers.
- Named a "Business Leader Under 40 Honoree" by the Western Michigan Business Review
- Named a "40 under 40" top business leader by the Grand Rapids Business Journal
- Immediate past chair and current member of the Executive Committee of the Grand Rapids Bar Association Section on Litigation
- Sits on the Board of Editor's for the Michigan Lawyer's Weekly
- Served on the Board of Directors for the American Board of Certification, where he is also a member of the Standards Committee
- Member of the American Bar Association Advisory Panel
Steven writes and speaks frequently on creditors' rights law and litigation matters and is frequently sought by print and electronic media sources for commentary and insight on creditors' rights, fraud and litigation and entrepreneur issues. He has been interviewed and quoted by Grand Rapids NBC affiliate WOOD TV 8, the ABA Journal, Michigan Lawyers' Weekly, and other business and general news publications.
- United States District Court for the Western District of Michigan
- United States District Court for the Eastern District of Michigan
- United States District Court for Northern District of Illinois
- United States District Court for Northern District of Ohio
- United States Sixth Circuit Court of Appeals
- United States Seventh Circuit Court of Appeals
- Serves on the Board of the American Red Cross
- Past member of the Board of Directors for the Michigan Chapter of the March of Dimes, Grand Rapids Division
- Serves as a youth coach for the YMCA and Thornapple Valley Baseball League
Thomas M. Cooley Law School
City University of New York, Queens College
New York, New York
B.A., Political Science, 1993