Steven H. Weston Counsel
Personal Injury Experience
Steve Weston has 28 years of experience representing people who suffer from serious injuries. He has significant experience helping victims and families affected by automobile and truck accidents, gas explosions, defective products, unsafe premises and many other causes of injury.
Steve has committed an extensive portion of his practice to the study and understanding of traumatic brain injury and the unique areas of law pertaining to the needs of survivors of traumatic brain injury; as well as advocating for the special needs of burn survivors.
Steve has worked to advance the cause and protection of persons with disabilities and serious injuries through service as a member of the Board of Directors for the Brain Injury Association of Michigan and the Board of Directors for the Disability Resource Center of Southwestern Michigan. He has also served as an advisor to the Kalamazoo County Chapter of MADD and the Kalamazoo County Pilot Program Victim Impact Panel. Steve has been a frequent lecturer to other attorneys and laypersons on the attorney’s representation of brain injury and burn injury survivors and the attorney’s role as a member of the treatment team. He has achieved multiple multi-million dollar verdicts and settlements on behalf of his clients*.
*Statements about past results do not assure similar outcomes in any other matter.
- Brain Injury Network of Southwest Michigan
- National Academy of Neuropsychology
- Disability Resource Center, Past Board President
- Brain Injury Association of West Michigan, Past Board Member
- International Brain Injury Association
- Kalamazoo County Bar Association (Member, Sections on: Negligence and Litigation)
- American Burn Association, Member
- Phoenix Society for Burn Survivors, Member
- American Bar Association (Member, Sections on: Negligence and Litigation)
- State Bar of Michigan
- Michigan Association for Justice
- American Association for Justice
- Martindale-Hubbell AV® Preeminent™
- Listed as a Michigan Super Lawyer since 2006
- Listed in the Bar Register of Preeminent Lawyers
- Listed in Best Lawyers in America®
- Best Lawyers in America® Lawyer of the Year, Personal Injury Litigation – Plaintiffs, 2014
University of Toledo College of Law
Western Michigan University