Scott J. Hill Partner
Scott is a partner and the leader of Varnum's corporate practice team. His practice focuses on business representation, including transactions, planning and counseling. Specifically, Scott deals with acquisitions, sales, mergers, succession planning, private equity, financing and joint ventures on a variety of levels. He also spends a significant portion of his time counseling clients on supply chain contracting issues.
Wayne State University Law School
Survey Editor, The Wayne Law Review
B.S., magna cum laude, 2000
Double Major: Chemistry/Business
Recognition & Rankings
- Named a Michigan Rising Star by Super Lawyers since 2012
- State Bar of Michigan (Business Law Section; Public Corporation Law Section)
- Grand Rapids Bar Association
- Judge for the inaugural Jump Start competition held at Alma College on March 31, 2012
- Better Business Bureau of Western Michigan (Board Member, 2011 - present; Executive Committee 2012)
- Economic Club of Grand Rapids (2009 - present)
- Alma College West Michigan Roundtable (Chair, 2008 - 2011, Member 2008 - 2012)
- AYSO Youth Soccer Coach (2010 - present)
Publications and Presentations
- "Does Your Key Supplier Have a Succession Plan?" Grand Rapids Business Journal (February 14, 2014)
- Radio interview with Chris Holman of The Business Beat. Michigan Business Network. (October 31, 2012).
- "Succession Planning Creating a Dynasty," Grand Rapids Business Journal (July 30, 2012)
- Panelist for "Startup Blunders and Barriers: So You've Got Capital. Now What?" (June 2012)
- Speaker for "Pure Michigan Business Connect – West Michigan" (August 2011)
- Panelist for "Exit Strategies: Guiding the Family Business Through a Critical Transition" (May 2010).