Kyle P. Konwinski Associate
Trial and Appellate Law Experience
Kyle Konwinski is a member of the Litigation and Trial Services Practice Group. A former law clerk for the Honorable Gordon J. Quist of the United States District Court for the Western District of Michigan, Kyle has experience and insight regarding trial court matters in federal court, as well as appellate matters in several different federal circuit courts. He has done work for higher education institutions and municipalities, which has included writing summary judgment motions and appellate briefs in defense of law enforcement in civil Fourth Amendment matters. Kyle has also worked for real estate and development firms, which has included several Michigan zoning matters both in trial court and on appeal. Kyle has also done litigation work for entities regarding ERISA violations.
- State Bar of Michigan
- Grand Rapids Bar Association (Young Lawyers' Section)
- State of Michigan
- United States District Court for the Western District of Michigan
- United States District Court for the Eastern District of Michigan
- Sixth Circuit Court of Appeals
University of Michigan Law School
Ann Arbor, Michigan
J.D., Magna Cum Laude, 2011
B.A., Business and Economics, Cum Laude, 2006
- Habitat for Humanity Young Professionals of Kent County, Board Member
- Host, Hornet Happy Hour (Regional alumni gathering for Kalamazoo College alumni)
- Obtained summary judgment in favor of four police officers being sued for Fourth Amendment violations after conducting a search and seizure of the plaintiff's apartment.
- Obtained summary judgment in favor of an international marketer and distributor of agricultural products and chemicals, who had been sued for breach of contract, breach of warranties, and negligence arising out of the use of its products.