Kimberly A. Clarke Partner
Immigration Law Experience
Kim focuses her practice on immigration matters, including nonimmigrant petitions, both employment- and family-based permanent residence applications, expatriation and foreign visa issues. She has developed expertise in the area of worker verification issues and managed clients through internal and agency Form I-9 audits, USICE compliance investigations and civil criminal charges.
In addition, Kim maintains a specialty practice of consultation with agricultural clients and handles various agricultural labor and employment issues such as compliance with migrant labor laws, H-2A worker issues, wage and hour laws and anti-discrimination laws.
In partnership with the Michigan Farm Bureau, Kim developed the Agricultural Employment Compliance Guide, an easy-to-use guide for farm employers trying to keep up with sometimes overwhelmingly-complex federal and state employment laws. In addition to providing timely updates to both the online and print versions, Kim delivers in-person employment seminars each year to agricultural employers across the state.
- American Agricultural Law Association
- American Immigration Lawyers Association
- Grand Rapids Bar Association
- Michigan Farm Bureau
- National Association of College and University Attorneys
- National Council of Agricultural Employers
- State Bar of Michigan: Agricultural Law Section, treasurer; International Law Section
Kim has given many presentations concerning immigration and agricultural labor in addition to employment issues.
- Justice For Our Neighbors, national and local advisory boards
- Saint Mary's Foundation, Board member
University of Michigan Law School
Ann Arbor, Michigan
Michigan State University
East Lansing, Michigan
B.A., Business/Personnel Administration, 1991
- Martindale-Hubbell® Distinguished® Peer Review Rated