Joan M. Andrew Director of Business Development
Director of Business Development
Joan has more than 25 years of experience in sales and marketing with mid-size and large multi-national corporations in industries ranging from education services and banking to manufacturing and technology. She works with attorneys and practice teams to develop and grow client relationships with a strong commitment to exceptional client service and satisfaction. She has firm-wide responsibility for implementing robust business development plans aligned with firm strategy.
Prior to joining Varnum, Joan was Vice President, Partner Services for National Heritage Academies, and Vice President, Global Sales, for X-Rite, Inc. She brings the perspective of the client experience to the firm having engaged and/or managed work from over twenty-five U.S. and international law firms.
B.A., Spanish Language and Literature 1980
Phi Beta Kappa
University of Chicago
MBA, Marketing 1985
- President's "E" Award (outstanding export success), 2003
- President's "E" Star Award (continued outstanding success), 2006
- Legal Marketing Association member, 2010 to present
- Lakeshore Habitat for Humanity, Development Committee Chair and Board Member, 2011 - present; Board Vice President, 2014
- World Affairs Council, Board Member, 2011 - present
- West Michigan District Export Council, Member, 2000 - 2013