Brett A. Rendeiro Counsel
Litigation Trial Experience
Brett is a lead litigator in the firm’s Novi office. Brett began his career in Grand Rapids as a part of Varnum’s nationally-recognized Employment Law Group and has evolved into a trial advocate with substantial experience in complex commercial, real estate, lending and employment disputes. In 2005, Brett assisted the Firm in establishing its southeast Michigan office. Brett is a member of the Labor and Employment Section of the State Bar and serves on the Firm’s Recruiting and Retention Committees.
Brett has first-chair trial experience and has obtained several multi-million dollar judgments on behalf of clients.
- Obtained summary judgment for Tier I automotive supplier in breach of contract/declaratory judgment action filed by Tier II supplier.
- Defeated numerous Tier I suppliers' motions for temporary restraining orders and preliminary injunctions involving supply chain disputes against Tier II suppliers, which ultimately resulted in dismissal or settlement of the Tier I suppliers' claims.
- Successfully represented several large financial institutions in complex real estate and lending litigation matters, including appointment of receivers, injunctions and other equitable actions.
- Obtained permanent injunction and Judgment against former employees of financial institution for trade secret violations.
- Represented manufacturing, service and banking clients against discrimination and harassment claims, all resulting in summary dismissal, settlement or favorable jury and arbitration verdicts.
- Successfully represented Fortune 500 company in action involving an earn-out agreement.
- DBusiness© magazine, Top Lawyer, 2015
- Benchmark Litigation, "Future Star" since 2009
- Michigan Super Lawyers®
- Best Lawyers in America® since 2014
- Federal Bar Association
- State Bar of Michigan (Labor and Employment Section)
- Oakland County Bar Association
- All Michigan courts
- Eastern District of Wisconsin
- 4th Circuit U.S. Court of Appeals
- 6th Circuit U.S. Court of Appeals
- 7th Circuit U.S. Court of Appeals
- Has served on the board of the Children’s Leukemia Foundation of Michigan since 2009
Wayne State University Law School
J.D., cum laude, 2002
Order of the Coif
Survey Editor, Wayne Law Review
Eastern Michigan University
B.B.A., Finance, 1998