Varnum’s 6th Annual Water Law Seminar
- Tuesday, February 22, 2011
Frederik Meijer Gardens & Sculpture Park
1000 East Beltline NE
Grand Rapids, Michigan
Grand Valley State University's Annis Water Resource Institute
$40 (includes breakfast, lunch and all materials)
Varnum and Grand Valley State University's Annis Water Resource Institute invite you to the annual Water Law Seminar for up-to-date information and insights on Michigan's water laws and the future of water issues.
7:30 a.m. Registration and breakfast
8:00 a.m. Welcome, and Legal & Policy Update, presented by Tim Lundgren, Chair of Varnum's Water Practice Group
8:30 a.m. Keynote: Plans and Priorities for Michigan's Office of the Great Lakes, presented by Patty Birkholz, Director of the Office of the Great Lakes
9:00 a.m. Hydraulic Fracturing in Natural Gas Recovery - Responding to Questions About Water Resource Impacts Panel
Panel members include:
- Hal Fitch, Chief, Office of Geological Survey, Department of Environmental Quality
- Wayne Pennington, Professor of Geophysical Engineering and Chair of Michigan Tech's Geological and Mining Engineering and Sciences
- Edward J. Hinchey, ERM Team Leader for Shale Bed Methane/Marcellus Shale Practice Area
10:15 a.m. Breakout Sessions
- Wetlands Permitting and Compliance, presented by Matt MacGregor, King & MacGregor, & Matt Zimmerman, Varnum
- Emerging Contaminants in Water Resources, presented by Michael Sklash, Dragun Corp., and Dave Preston, Varnum
- Stormwater and NPDES Permitting, presented by Steve Kapeller, Barr Engineering, and Tim Lundgren, Varnum
11:15 a.m. Great Lakes Restoration - Why Science Matters, presented by Al Steinman, Director of the Annis Water Resources Institute, Grand Valley State University
12:00 p.m. Lunch Topic: Invasive Species in the Great Lakes and Michigan's Inland Lakes, presented by Dan O'Keefe, Michigan Sea Grant & Tony Groves, Progressive AE
Reserve your seat by February 16, 2011. Register and pay online or contact firstname.lastname@example.org with questions.
If you are registering more than one attendee, please send the names and contact information of the additional attendees to email@example.com.