DREAMers: Is Deferred Action For Me?
- Wednesday, June 27, 2012 7:00 PM
333 Bridge Street,
Grand Rapids, MI, 17th floor
Free parking is available in the attached ramp
Last week, the Department of Homeland Security announced temporary relief against potential deportation called deferred action along with work authorization for certain young immigrants who came to the United States as children.
To be considered for deferred action, an individual must:
- Have entered the US under the age of sixteen and currently not be above the age of thirty;
- Have continuously resided in the US for at least five years preceding June 15, 2012 and be present in the US on June 15, 2012;
- Be currently enrolled in school, have graduated from high school, have obtained a GED certificate, or be an honorably discharged veteran of the US Coast Guard or Armed Forces; and
- Not be convicted of a felony offense, a significant misdemeanor offense, multiple misdemeanor offenses, or otherwise pose a threat to national security or public safety.