The Grand Rapids office of Varnum LLP seeks to add a highly motivated corporate associate with at least three years' experience to their team. Expertise in general corporate work, contract review and drafting, and merger and acquisition transactions is mandatory. This is a great opportunity to work and mentor alongside some of the finest attorneys in West Michigan. If you are interested in being a part of a team that is collegial, entrepreneurial and focused on delivering exceptional client service, please forward a cover letter, resume, and law school transcript to Kim DeBoer at email@example.com. Please indicate "corporate associate position" in your cover letter.
Varnum LLP seeks to add a full-time Human Resources professional to our team. This position, located in SE Michigan, will support HR functions in the Novi, Detroit and Ann Arbor offices, partnering with the corporate office HR Team in Grand Rapids. Traveling regularly to our SE regional offices is required.
Primary responsibilities include:
- Recruiting: place advertisements, screen/interview candidates, conduct reference checks, draft offer letters, etc.
- Assist with onboarding/off boarding.
- Resolve issues of workflow and coverage.
- Resolve employee relations issues.
- Establish and maintain long-term working relationships with staff/attorneys to ensure employee satisfaction and retention.
- Exercise care and discretion with confidential and sensitive materials on issues.
- Assist with special projects, initiatives, firm events and programs.
- Collaborate with other HR team members to balance workload as needed.
- Bachelor's degree, preferably in Human Resources or related field.
- A minimum of 5 years of relevant experience is required, preferably in a legal or professional office environment.
- Knowledgeable about HR policies and laws.
- Proficient in MS Office Suite.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills with strong interpersonal skills and the ability to remain poised in difficult situations.
- Ability to work independently with multiple projects and priorities simultaneously.
- Client service-oriented team player.
- Strategic thinking and active-listening skills.
- Ability to identify issues, develop recommendations and implement solutions.
Varnum LLP offers a professional environment with a competitive compensation and benefit program. Please send cover letter, resume and salary expectations to firstname.lastname@example.org. EOE
Legal Secretary - Litigation (Kalamazoo)
Varnum LLP has a full-time opening for a legal secretary in our Kalamazoo office. This position requires experience with litigation involving federal and state courts. The ideal candidate will be a critical thinker, who can demonstrate excellent technical (MS Office Suite) and written skills with strong organizational abilities. We are seeking an intelligent self-starter who is committed to providing exceptional client service. We offer a professional environment, and a competitive compensation and benefit program. Please send cover letter, resume and salary expectations to email@example.com. EOE M/F